Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Model: Priyanka Kalyana

 Hi Friends,

Through Instagram found a few models for enhancing my fine art photography work. There was an image on Instagram of Miss Priyanka where she was painted black and wore some gold ornament/s. I casually asked her that it must have taken a very long time to remove it. I remember going to photograph Holi in Braj area and I was totally multi coloured on return to the hotel in Vrindavan. My silver on my head was fully covered with multi colours. It took about a few months for the colour to fade off my hairs.

This small chit chat broke ice between us. I asked if she would agree to pose for me. Getting a positive response we did our first shoot. This shoot was kind of dry spell that ended for me. I am little cautious connecting with models online whom similar platforms. There are so many with fake identities. Many guys are masquerading as females by posting images of models or females. Some are very professional as they have stocked images of one person and keep sharing.  So avoid instant invite to shoot. I usually like to meet in person in some public place like some coffee shop to check out the genuineness of the person before agreeing for a shoot straight. I have a long time make up artist Sheetal whom I requested her to join the shoot since Priyanka for whatever reasons did not want to meet before the shoot. Anyways it was wonderful to work with Priyanka. We did another shoot later when the scare of Corona got diluted.

I used to take out my camera to charge the batteries due to over one half years of lockdown and very strict controls by the government. Besides to keep safe lots of movements I had personally curtailed lest ending up with Corona. I was rusty as during this lockdown period. I had not even used used the camera shoot randomly. One of my students had requested to shoot his collection of children's wear that was also quite many months back. My new set of my studio was used by me for very first time. Since it was a personal shoot there was no problem testing the abundance of available light. So I decided to check the lighting in various spots of my studio. I did not use any strobes or portable flash even to supplement light streaming through the large windows on both lengths of the studio. I also tested the large self fabricated reflectors. Results were decent but could have been better maybe due to the long lay off from photography.

Some of the images taken during the very first shoot with Priyanka. We played around with different kinds of fabric lengths.

The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 


The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 

The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 


The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 

The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 


The light is from the wide window with a soft reflector reflecting light back. 










Light received from the same large window to light the model.

















By the way Priyanka aka sensuous.brown.girl is a very popular Instagram model and it was lovely to have worked with her and also looking forward to shooting more creatives with her. 

More images of hers to follow a a new blog. Do visit again, and also do add your feedback. 


No comments: